C1 7.5 Ton Training

Due to covid-19 we are not offering any driver training at this point in time we do not think its safe to ask our staff to put their lives and family lives at risk with training in a confined space like a truck cab. Other firm don’t share the same values towards their staff  like we do they will offer training in a confined space . You need to ask your self do i want to put my life and families life at stake by sharing a truck.


C1 7.5 Ton Training using your vehicles


In This Section You Can Find Training Information

For Horse box Training   Large Motor Homes

C1 7.5 Ton using your own vehicles


Option One Using Your Vehicle:

We can supply our qualified trainer to attend your site the hourly fee is £45 per Hour. Minimum training time is 4 hours subject to location. We suggest a training period from 16 hours + the driving test period for those with experience of driving these vehicles ( not for a novice ) 



Option Two Using Your Vehicle:

20 Hours training + test for those with a little are no experience 


Subject to your location an addition fee might be payable for travel to your site
C1 is not class one its the old style 7.5 ton driving licence


We recommend an assessment lesson prior to booking any training


Documentation required prior to booking and taking this course:



You need to be 18 or over.

Have a full uk car driving licence.

You need to have got your provisional Cat C 1 driving licence this is the old style 7.5 Ton driving licence and passed your Lgv theory and hazard test.

LGV medical £50 / £55 pay this direct to the Doctor.

Theory and Hazard test £37 pay this direct to the Dvsa.

Click the photo HOW TO GET STARTED in the main menu and in step one and step two you will see all the links / telephone numbers to get your D2 and D4 forms from the DVLA and how to book your own medical and theory/hazard test for the cost price.

And links to study details for the theory and hazard test.

Watch out for those who offer to book them for you they will book them but they will also charge you more than the cost price.


Vehicle requirements to be used for the driving test:


Your test will be cancelled and you’ll lose your fee if your vehicle does not meet the rules.

All vehicles used for category C1, C1+E, tests must be capable of 50mph.

They must be fitted with:



  • 2 sets of externally mounted nearside and offside mirrors – one for the driver and one for the examiner


  • seat belts fitted to seats used by the examiner or any person supervising the test


  • a tachograph


  • an anti-lock braking system (ABS) – trailers do not need to be fitted with ABS


A category C1 vehicle is a medium-sized lorry:

  • with a maximum authorised mass (MAM) of at least 4 tonnes
  • at least 5 metres long
  • with a closed box cargo compartment at least as wide and as high as the cab


On completion of this course and all tests are passed:


You will be licensed to drive a goods vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes.


To tow a trailer with a C1 vehicle you’re limited to a combined train weight of 8,250kg unless you pass the C1+E test which then takes you up to 12,000kg.

Should you have any questions then please do not hesitate to call. 07711 306605 |