We will send our instructor to your site to train you and your staff. On site block training e.g. 4 flt certification training and test over 1 day
– Approach the stack with the load firmly positioned on truck load deck.
– Stop when load is in line with the truck parallel to the stack, apply parking brake and select neutral.
– The technique of undercutting may be necessary during this operation. Lift the load to the desired height. Traverse load out, until over stacking position taking care not to dislodge loads in adjacent stacks
– Lower load on to stack adjusting tilt as necessary. When the load is securely stacked, lower forks until free of pallet or dunnage strips, then traverse mast fully in. Full observation and sound horn before moving off.
– Stop in line with and parallel to the face of the stack, apply parking brake and select neutral.
– Raise or lower forks to a position permitting clear entry into pallet or between dunnage strips, utilising tilt as necessary.
– The technique of undercutting may be necessary during this operation.
– Traverse mast out until forks are fully inserted.
– Lift load clear and apply sufficient back tilt to stabilise the load.
– Traverse load fully in taking care not to dislodge loads in adjacent stacks.
– Lower load onto deck. Full observation and sound horn before moving off.
– Ensure load is lifted clear of the deck ore traversing.
– Ensure you know the de-rated capacity of the truck when operating without stabiliser jacks.
– Don’t lift loads greater than the un-jacked capacity without using stabiliser jacks.
– Ensure that stabiliser jacks are hard down of firm ground.
– Travel with load firmly and squarely on truck deck with the forks just clear of the load and sufficient back tilt applied to stabilise the truck/load.
– Don’t attempt to travel with the mast traversed out
Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98, LOLER 98 & Working at Height 2005.
Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist. ·
Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course